Our team uses in-depth interviews (IDIs) to understand the underlying emotional drivers that influence decision making. We tailor the interview settings one-on-one, as well as groups of two or three respondents to suit your research objectives. IDIs are an effective way to conduct thorough interviews that explore what drives consumers or constituents to prefer one option over another.
Our Moderator encouraging participants to talk, prompting the discussion in appropriate directions to ensure all issues are covered, and changing the direction of the discussion when a point is felt to have been sufficiently covered. Our moderator is capable to 'control' the group interaction to ensure that the viewpoints of all participants are allowed to be expressed.
By adopting a flexible approach our interviewers manage to bring out detailed insights and personal thoughts of respondents. They would usually achieve this following an interview guide. The main motto of our interviewers is to probe for informants’ motivations, feelings and beliefs in a relaxed open environment. Our interviewers are experts in managing conversation flow, adhering to a pre-defined question wording and order, all in a seamless and natural manner.
Why our IDI Moderators are better?
- They always put question indirectly and informatively
- They always remain detached and objective
- During interview our moderator do avoid questions and questions structure that encourage 'yes' or 'no' answers.
- Our moderators always probe until all relevant details, emotions and attitudes are revealed
- During interview our moderator always provide an atmosphere that encourages the respondent to speak freely, yet keeping the conservation focused on the issue(s) being researched
- We understand that “Depth interviews” involve a heavy time commitment, especially on the part of the marketing researcher. Interview transcripts have to be painstakingly recovered, if they are to be accurate, either from terse interview notes or from tape-recordings of the interviews. This can take many hours of often laborious work. The transcripts then have to be read and re-read, possibly several times, before the researcher is able to begin the taxing process of analyzing and interpreting the data.
- Our experienced team of professional interviewers and professional moderators support your need to get one-on-one with your existing or intended customer to help you better understand perceptions, needs, wants, desires and intentions. We are able to get at the emotional reasons “why” or “why not”. We also perform IDIs for employee satisfaction studies. Our ability to integrate IDIs as part of your multi-modal study design is very keen; we understand the benefits of approaching your information gathering from different vantage points. We work with clients who want to select particular participants from a larger base, such as Focus Groups or Central Location Tests to dive deep into their thoughts and ideas.